Here’s something fun. I just wrote five, 5 minute poems. Below I have one line from each of them. Try using that line as the first or last line in your own five minute poem. Here are the prompts to chose from:
- Have you ever been frustrated with life? Of course you have. You’re human. Even if you’re Buddha’s next wingman, you’ve probably felt frustrated.
Write a poem using the line, “What does it take”
- Have you ever looked at your life like a mathematical conundrum? There are so many people and things added at one point to be subtracted, multiplied, or thrown into some wild equation later on. What a wild thing life is.
Write a poem using the line, “a pretty addition”
- Have you ever tried to finish something or make it somewhere (like the bathroom) and there are so many things keeping you from it? Good grief.
Write a poem using the line, “time is a laugh”
- Do you like cookies? Have you ever tasted The Perfect cookie? Mmmm
Write a poem using the line, “If he had tasted the right one”
- Have you ever written an erotic poem? Ooh, erotic. I said it. (keep this one in your files 😉 )
Write a poem using the line, “We said everything”